Yesterday the Rainiers announced the date of the annual pre-season party at Cheney Stadium: it’s going to be on Saturday, March 28th, from 11 AM to 2 PM.
It’s an opportunity for people to tour the ballpark, including the locker rooms and the suite level. Concessions will be open and Rhubarb will be there.
Also, those of you who are season ticket holders can pick up your tickets at the box office that day.
The pre-season party is a free event – come see us in two weeks! Here’s the information page from the Rainiers website.
Not much baseball news for me to write about today, but we do have some links in case your Friday afternoon is a slow one and you want to do some reading.
- Everybody was pleased with Danny Hultzen‘s outing on Wednesday. Good news!
- Our guy Jordan Pries had a fine outing amid a lot of distraction yesterday (the distraction being the Will Farrell stunt).
- Lefty Tyler Olson continues to be the surprise of camp, Bob Dutton writes. And this story came out before Olson added two more scoreless innings on Thursday afternoon.
- Projected Mariners starter James Paxton is a little behind schedule, but he’s close to making his first start.
- The best part of the Will Ferrell thing was the Mariners Game Notes put out by the club – you can find them in Thursday‘s Mariners Morning Musings from Ryan Divish. Oh, and here are Friday’s musings.
- Outfielder Austin Jackson played on some really good teams in Detroit, and he says this Mariners team reminds him of them.
Have a good weekend!