You’re not going to believe this, but we are going to watch a Rainiers game on Sunday.
Sunday at 1:35 we are revisiting Anthony Misiewicz‘s eight innings of no-hit pitching against Iowa last August, which we will be streaming on the Tacoma Rainiers Facebook page. An event page has been set up right here.
Anthony has already participated along with manager Daren Brown in the preview video, which was very well done by our creative staff.
I’ll be involved in the Facebook event on Sunday, commenting and answering any questions in the chat. There will be other guests and giveaways, as well.
Hope to see you there!
- Mariners infielder Dee Gordon is the winner of the 2020 Fred Hutchinson Award. Here’s the story from The News Tribune, and the release from the Fred Hutchinson Center.
- The Times caught up with Mariners coach Manny Acta, who provided some insight into how the Latin American players are coping with the stoppage.
- A story on MLB teams and their most common trade partners reveals that the Mariners and Tampa Bay are not the most prolific trade partners of recent history – but are swiftly moving up the list.
- Steve Dalkowski passed away this week, at age 80. Once considered the fastest pitcher of all-time, Dalkowski was the real-life embodiment of the hard throwing minor leaguer with no control.
- Someday we’ll be thankful that this quarantine gave a man named Eric Chesterton at MLB.com the spare time to compose an article on the back story of each MLB team’s mascot.