We’ve got the schedule for the first round of Pacific Conference playoff games this coming week, now with game times:
Game One: Tacoma at El Paso, Wednesday at 5:35 (Pacific)
Game Two: Tacoma at El Paso, Thursday at 5:35 (Pacific)
Game Three: El Paso at Tacoma, Friday at 7:05
Game Four (if necessary): El Paso at Tacoma, Saturday at 7:05
Game Five (if necessary): El Paso at Tacoma, Sunday at 1:35
All games will be broadcast on 850 AM and streaming online, and the MiLB.TV feed should be working for the first two games from El Paso if you are a subscriber.
Playoff tickets for the Rainiers home games are available right here.
In the American Conference, Nashville plays Oklahoma City. They will play the same days the Pacific Conference plays, and Oklahoma City is the home team for the first two games. The first four games of that series will start at 5:05 (Pacific).
Yesterday: Zach Borenstein homered in the top of the 11th inning to give Reno a 2-1 victory over Tacoma. Both teams rested some of their regular position players. Tacoma had a good start from Cody Martin, who delivered six shutout innings.
Roster Moves: Yesterday the Rainiers added Forrest Snow from Double-A Jackson, and activated Mayckol Guaipe from the disabled list. Paul Fry was placed on the temporarily inactive list; he’ll be back for the playoffs.
Today: Reno (75-66) at Tacoma (79-61-1), 7:05.
Opponent Affiliation: Arizona Diamondbacks.
Season Series: Reno leads, 10-3.
Starting Pitchers: TBA at RHP Zach Lee (0-8, 7.08)
Hot Rainiers: Dan Vogelbach has reached base via hit or walk in 29 straight games, and he has drawn a walk in 24 of the 29 games… Mike Freeman has reached base 17 times in his last eight games… Paul Fry has allowed one earned run in his last 19 innings pitched.
Look Out For: Dan Rohlfing has an 11-game hitting streak which is the longest of his career… Ildemaro Vargas has gone 13-for-27 against Tacoma this season… PCL home run leader Kyle Jensen has hit six of his 30 dingers against Tacoma.
Broadcast: The pregame show starts at 6:50 on South Sound Sports 850 AM. The broadcast also streams online via the TuneIn app – just click here.
PCL Scoreboard: Follow all Pacific Coast League games in real-time with links to Gameday screens right here.
- The Rainiers game story covers the team’s struggles against Reno – and how it doesn’t matter.
- The Mariners beat the Angels PCL-style last night: they scored nine runs in the second inning and held on for an 11-8 win.
- Bob Dutton’s Mariners Notebook leads off with new outfielder Ben Gamel.
PCL Game Reports:
- Sacramento’s Dan Slania struck out nine batters in a 5-1 win over Fresno.
- Matt Reynolds had the go-ahead hit as Las Vegas won at Salt Lake, 5-4.
- Albuquerque’s Kyle Freeland pitched six shutout innings at El Paso in a 7-2 win.
- Long-ago Mariners farmhand Austin Bibens-Dirkx tossed seven scoreless innings for Round Rock in a 7-0 win over Memphis.
- Oklahoma City rolled to an 8-5 win at Omaha.
- Iowa topped Colorado Springs, 3-2.
- Nashville at New Orleans was suspended due to rain in the third inning with Nashville leading, 1-0. Apparently the game is suspended for eternity – not sure what happens to the stats in this one.