We’ve got a day game today, to finish off the nine-game homestand. The Rainiers are 5-3 so far on the homestand.
Yesterday: Tacoma scored eight early runs, jumping all over Albuquerque starter Jeff Hoffman in an 8-3 victory. Taijuan Walker went 4.1 innings, allowing two runs on three hits with two walks and one strikeout. D.J. Peterson hit a three-run homer in the first inning and added an RBI double in the third, and Stefen Romero connected for a two-run homer. Joe Wieland pitched the final four innings, earning his tenth win.
Roster Moves: New infielder/outfielder Mike Freeman joins the club today.
Today: Albuquerque (47-61) at Tacoma (64-45-1), 11:35 (Pacific).
Opponent Affiliation: Colorado Rockies.
Season Series: Tacoma leads, 9-6.
Starting Pitchers: RHP Eddie Butler (4-2, 6.39) at RHP Zach Lee (0-3, 6.11)
Hot Rainiers: Daniel Robertson has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, going 17-for-49… Tyler Smith is 5-for-9 over the last two games.
Look Out For: Stephen Cardullo has an 11-game hitting streak, with multiple hits in eight of the games… Tom Murphy hit .540 in July (34-for-63), with eight home runs… catcher Dustin Garneau has hit safely in ten of his last 11 games, with four homers.
Broadcast: The pregame show starts at 11:20 on South Sound Sports 850 AM. The broadcast also streams online via the TuneIn app – just click here.
PCL Scoreboard: Follow all Pacific Coast League games in real-time with links to Gameday screens right here.
- The Rainiers game story focuses on Taijuan Walker‘s outing. D.J. Peterson talked to MiLB.com for this story.
- The Mariners lost in the ninth inning to the Red Sox, 2-1. James Paxton pitched a great game, but the Mariners had only four hits.
- Ryan Divish has an article on the Mariners fairly limited action at the trade deadline.
- Bob Dutton’s Mariners Notebook leads with a trade that didn’t happen.
- The Mariners are making a change at the closer position.
PCL Game Reports:
- A.J. Reed helped Fresno to a 7-3 win at Reno, collecting three hits and three RBI. So now Reno is four games back, and Fresno is 4.5 games out.
- Las Vegas broke out of a team-wide hitting slump, amassing 17 hits in a 10-7 win over El Paso. But second baseman Dilson Herrera was traded.
- Sacramento’s Clayton Blackburn went seven innings in a 7-0 win over Salt Lake. I’ll link to the story in spite of the headline.
- Jared Hoying had a big game as Round Rock beat Memphis, 5-3.
- New first baseman Garrett Cooper had three hits, a homer, and three RBI in a 9-4 win over Oklahoma City. Sky Sox shortstop Orlando Arcia got called up by the Brewers after the game.
- Trade deadline day was quiet in Omaha, and so was the Storm Chasers offense in a 13-0 loss to Iowa.
- New Orleans got shut out by Daniel Mengden and Nashville, 7-0.