We’ve got the Memorial Day game in New Orleans today, and then the Rainiers fly home to open a four-game series against Salt Lake on Tuesday night.
Yesterday: It was a game of missed opportunities on offense as the Rainiers lost to New Orleans on Sunday afternoon, 2-1. Donn Roach started and pitched very well, going seven innings and allowing four hits and two runs (one earned).
Roster Move: Patrick Kivlehan is coming back. Recently designated for assignment by the Rangers, the Mariners claimed him off waivers and promised “cash considerations or a player to be named later” to Texas. Kivlehan struggled with Round Rock, hitting .184 with one home run in 36 games, but last year he batted .256 with 22 homers for Tacoma. Kivlehan is expected to report on Tuesday, and the Rainiers have an open roster spot for him.
Today: Tacoma (30-20) at New Orleans (21-28), 11:00 AM (Pacific).
Opponent Affiliation: Miami Marlins.
Season Series: New Orleans leads, 2-1.
Starting Pitchers: RHP Cody Martin (5-3, 5.65) at RHP Paul Clemens (4-4, 5.05).
Martin is spot-starting for Joe Wieland, who is skipping a turn for precautionary reasons after having some tricep soreness during his last start.
Hot Rainiers: Jonathan Aro has allowed just one earned run on one hit over his last 12 innings, spanning ten appearances. They’re batting .029 against him during that time… Chris Taylor has a six-game hitting streak, going 8-for-24 during the streak.
Look Out For: The hitting streaks of Tomas Telis (eight games) and Robert Andino (nine games) both ended yesterday.
Broadcast: The pregame show starts at 10:45 on South Sound Sports 850 AM. The broadcast also streams online via the TuneIn app – just click here.
PCL Scoreboard: Follow all Pacific Coast League games in real-time with links to Gameday screens right here.
- For details on yesterday’s game, check out the Rainiers game story from The News Tribune.
- The Mariners got swept by the Twins.
- The M’s are channeling Joaquin Andujar, John McGrath writes.
PCL Game Reports:
- Reno pulled within 5.5 games of Tacoma by beating Round Rock in the 11th inning, 7-6.
- Nashville made it seven straight wins and 14 of 15 with a 7-4 win at Salt Lake.
- Colorado Springs won in Fresno, 7-5.
- Oklahoma City had a strong start from Jharel Cotton in a 4-1 win at Sacramento.
- Omaha had a strong game from catcher Parker Morin in a 3-2 win over El Paso.
- Travis Taijeron went bonkers at the plate and Las Vegas took down Memphis, 11-5.
- Iowa rallied in the eighth inning to beat Albuquerque, 6-4.
Rainiers need a win today to come home with a .500 record on this road trip.