Fresno edged Round Rock on Saturday night, 2-1, forcing a fifth and final game of the PCL Championship Series today at 1:05.
To follow today’s game, go here.
Round Rock will start Anthony Ranaudo against Fresno’s Mark Appel. That’s a really good pitching matchup by PCL standards and is fitting for a Game Five.
Last night, Fresno starter Asher Wojciechowski walked a tightrope through the first six innings, escaping jam after jam while allowing just one run. Jon Singleton hit the go-ahead home run in the bottom of the sixth.
Whoever wins today will face International League champion Columbus in the Triple-A National Championship Game on Tuesday night in El Paso.
- Here’s the game story from the Fresno Bee on the Grizzlies 2-1 win last night.
- Cole Hamels and the Rangers throttled the Mariners last night, 10-1.
- Count Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon among the many in baseball who feels that the September roster rules need to be changed.
- One reason the Mariners have played better lately is an improved bullpen. A part of that is the return-to-form of Danny Farquhar.
- Cal hung on to win at Texas on a deflected extra point.
When the series began I picked Fresno in five games – so let’s go Grizzlies!