The PCL Championship Series is set.
Fresno advanced to the finals by beating El Paso on Saturday night, 7-4. The win gave Fresno a three-games-to-one series victory over El Paso in the Pacific Conference Finals.
Fresno and Round Rock will play the best-of-five championship series starting on Tuesday in Round Rock, Texas.
We’ll be back with a new post on Tuesday previewing the championship series – a series which I think is going to be a good one.
- Here’s the game story from the El Paso Times on Fresno’s 7-4 win over the Chihuahuas.
- For more details from the Fresno side of things, here’s a story from MiLB.com.
- The Mariners had an easy, drama-free 7-2 win over Colorado on Saturday night.
- Ryan Divish has a column on the future of the Mariners catching situation, and how the team will need to bring in experienced player(s) over the winter.
- Bob Dutton’s Mariners Notebook details the recent hot hitting of Mark Trumbo.
Shout out to David Ortiz, who belted his 500th career home run last night. In the first game I ever called for Tacoma at Cheney Stadium – the 1999 home opener vs. Salt Lake – Ortiz pulled a homer on to the Foss hill.