The Major League Baseball playoffs are moving right along, with both National League Division Series coming to an end last night. The San Francisco Giants and the St. Louis Cardinals advanced, and will face each other in the NL Championship Series starting on Saturday.
So far the postseason has had terrific games but has not had a great series yet. The four best-of-five division series resulted in two 3-0 sweeps and a pair of 3-1 decisions. However, there were a ton of one-run games, extra inning affairs, and games decided late.
Now we have no baseball for two full days. Once we survive this dry spell, the ALCS between Baltimore and Kansas City opens on Friday night.
- The Arizona Fall League opened yesterday, and Taijuan Walker pitched four strong innings. Likely 2015 Rainiers player Patrick Kivlehan hit a homer. Ryan Divish has the details.
- Baseball America has all of the Arizona Fall League rosters with some notes on the teams.
- Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager has a chance to win a Gold Glove Award, according to Bob Dutton’s Mariners notebook.
- John Sickels took a look at Roenis Elias.
- Fun story from Grantland: the media has been reporting that baseball is dying since 1868.
A brief post today, I know. I’m working on something solid for Friday.