Results from Friday night’s PCL playoffs:
Reno 7, Las Vegas 5. Reno leads the series, 2-1.
Las Vegas took a 5-2 lead into the bottom of the fifth inning, when Reno rallied to score five runs and knock Noah Syndergaard out of the game. Mike Jacobs hit a three-run homer during this rally.
Reno has the series lead and the home field advantage.
Game Four: Las Vegas RHP Logan Verrett (11-5, 4.33) at Reno RHP Charles Brewer (8-10, 4.99), 7:05.
Omaha 2, Memphis 0. Omaha leads the series, 2-1.
Sugar Ray Marimon, Kyle Zimmer, Tim Collins, and Andrew Triggs combined on a five-hit shutout on the road. Omaha’s Paulo Orlando hit a two-run homer in the first nning and that was all of the scoring.
Game Four: Omaha LHP Buddy Baumann (2-4, 3.19) at Memphis RHP Mike Mayers (0-0, 7.20), 5:05.
- There is video of the go-ahead three-run homer by Mike Jacobs in the Reno-Las Vegas game story from the Reno newspaper.
- Nice quote from Omaha manager Brian Poldberg on Paulo Orlando‘s first inning home run: “It was a nice start. I didn’t know we were good.”
- The Mariners topped Texas 7-5 as Kendrys Morales homered twice last night.
- Bob Dutton’s Mariners notebook includes the upcoming starting rotation plans, and information on Rainiers reliever Todd Coffey.
- Nashville Sounds General Manager Brad Tammen resigned from his post.
- Nick Franklin hit the game-winning homer and his Durham Bulls are still alive in the International League playoffs.
- A good read if you like the nuts-and-bolts behind the MLB awards: Dave Cameron is having trouble with his Manager Of The Year ballot.