Here’s an update on the PCL playoffs:
Reno 6, Las Vegas 0. Series tied, 1-1.
Andrew Chafin pitched a four-hit shutout and Mike Jacobs hit a grand slam in the first inning as Reno coasted to a win. The series moves to Reno tonight.
Game Three is tonight at 7:05. Las Vegas starts RHP Noah Syndergard (9-7, 4.60) at Reno RHP Bradin Hagens (1-1, 2.55).
Memphis 4, Omaha 3. Series tied, 1-1.
This game was tied 3-3 until Memphis scored an unearned run in the top of the ninth. Greg Garcia singled, stole second and went to third when the throw sailed into center field, and scored on a wild pitch. For Omaha, that’s a yucky way to lose.
Game Three: Omaha RHP Sugar Ray Marimon (5-4, 3.56) at Memphis LHP Justin Wright (4-0, 6.65), 5:05.
- Reno’s Andrew Chafin told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that he was very efficient last night.
- Here’s story from Omaha on the American Conference playoffs.
- Nick Franklin was involved in a ninth inning rally as the Durham Bulls won their game last night in the International League playoffs.
- The Mariners put a whuppin’ on the Texas Rangers last night, 10-2.
- Corey Hart is just hoping to contribute down the stretch, according to Bob Dutton’s Mariners notebook.
- This is phenomenal: the Toledo Mud Hens are replacing their field, so they turned it into a miniature golf course for a few days.
- The popular annual Moveable Feast is coming up next Saturday at Cheney Stadium – here are the initial details.
If you’re curious about the PCL playoffs, check back over the weekend – I’ll post the results.