Just a quick reminder that the Rainiers Open House is tomorrow (Saturday), from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. There will be free samples of food from our new concessions group, Ivar’s Inc.
I saw one more Rainiers spring training game, on Thursday. They lost to Tucson, 4-2.
D.J. Mitchell started and went four innings, giving up a three-run homer to Tucson slugger Cody Decker.
Decker went deep a again in the sixth inning, a solo shot off Brian Moran. Moran pitched two innings, allowing one run.
Forrest Snow, George Mieses, and Logan Bawcom each pitched one scoreless inning.
There wasn’t much offense for Tacoma. Alex Liddi homered off left-handed reliever Colt Hynes, and Jake Marder (not expected to be with Tacoma) had an RBI double. Tacoma had seven hits.
Today the big league club packed up and left Arizona. They have an exhibition game on Saturday in Salt Lake City (Tacoma will be there in three weeks), and then they fly to Oakland to start the season on Monday.
The Triple-A club will stay in Arizona until Wednesday, and then travel to Fresno to open the PCL season Thursday night.
- Good news for ex-Rainiers first baseman Mike Carp: he made the Red Sox opening day roster.
- Jason Bay has the edge for the final Mariners roster spot, Geoff Baker writes.
- John McGrath checked out the new Safeco Field video board.
- In the PCL, Round Rock landed two top-shelf prospects.
- Apparently Fresno really like Tacoma. They are televising ten games this season, and six of them are against the Rainiers. Weird.