Omaha tied up the PCL Championship Series with a 9-6 win at Reno last night in front of 7,122 fans.
The best-of-five series is tied, 1-1, and the two teams are off today for travel. The final three games, as needed, will be played in Omaha over the weekend. Game Three is Friday at 5:05 (Pacific).
Omaha held a 2-1 lead after four innings before scoring five times in the top of the fifth, seemingly breaking it open with a 7-1 lead. Anthony Seratelli, Mitch Maier, and Max Ramirez each homered for Omaha in the fifth inning.
But this game was played in Reno, and the Aces immediately scored four runs in the bottom of the fifth, making it 7-5. Mike Jacobs hit a big three-run homer to bring the Aces back into the game.
Former Rainiers catcher Adam Moore hit a two-run single in the top of the seventh, giving Omaha a 9-5 lead. The Storm Chasers bullpen made that lead hold up, and the series is even.
- Full game stories on the PCL championship: from the Reno newspaper, and the Omaha newspaper.
- The Mariners made it two straight wins at Toronto, taking down the Jays 3-2 on Wednesday night. The M’s go for the sweep with Felix on the mound this evening.
- The Mariners announced their 2013 schedule and it appears to be quite friendly, Geoff Baker writes.
- Double-A Jackson lost to Mobile last night, and the Southern League Championship Series is tied 1-1. This is also a best-of-five – Jackson starts Taijuan Walker in Game Three, but the Generals must play the remainder of the series on the road. Weird note: former Rainiers infielder Matt Mangini is playing for Mobile, he hit a two-run homer last night. Mobile is the Arizona Diamondbacks affiliate.
- Former Rainiers owner Nick Lachey is a daddy.
- We close with some fun stuff: the Seattle P-I posted a good number of 1969 Seattle Pilots photos from their archive.
We’re still not taking any time off* here at the blog – I’ll have the PCL finals covered over the weekend.
* don’t expect much in October, though…