This is it today – the final game of the 2012 Tacoma Rainiers season.
Tacoma won on Sunday night, breaking open a close game with five runs in the ninth inning to win, 10-2. Tacoma is 63-80 heading into the last game of the year.
Hector Noesi lasted seven innings to earn the win. Carlos Triunfel had four hits, and Guillermo Quiroz had four RBI in the victory.
The story today is Danny Hultzen. The lefty has struggled in his last two starts for Tacoma, and he’ll take the mound for his final time today with a chance to finish the season on a positive note. Lots of people are rooting for him to close out his season with a solid start today.
Today’s season final is at 1:05. Tacoma starts LHP Danny Hultzen (1-4, 6.09) against Fresno LHP Brian Burres (4-6, 5.34). You can listen to the broadcast on South Sound Sports 850 AM and streaming online right here.
- Here is the full Rainiers game story from The News Tribune.
- The Mariners edged Jered Weaver and the Angels yesterday, 2-1, avoiding a sweep.
- Jerry Brewer has an update on the Felix Hernandez Cy Young Award chase.
- Here’s a story on the baseball documentary “Ballplayer: Pelotero” which is coming to The Grand in Tacoma soon. We’ll have more on this later.
- Albuquerque captured the final PCL playoff spot, beating Omaha to clinch the American-South.
- The Giants extended their Player Development Contract with Fresno through the 2014 season.
- If the Mets do indeed affiliate with Las Vegas, that could mean that Wally Backman will be managing in the PCL next year.
That’s it for today, I’m running behind schedule this morning.
Keep checking the blog all off-season. This week, we’ll have a Rainiers season wrap-up and a PCL playoffs preview on Wednesday, and we’ll follow the PCL playoffs all the way through.