We had a rare day in which a lot of interesting things happened on the field in the Mariners game yesterday. So, let’s hit the links:
- In The News Tribune, Larry LaRue got lots of Ichiro quotes in his Mariners game story.
- Larry Stone analyzed Ichiro’s ten straight 200-hit seasons, and he wondered how many career hits Ichiro is capable of?
- John McGrath also wrote about Ichiro. The losses are clearly getting to Johnny Mac.
- Stone also wrote that by taking a 1-0 loss, Felix Hernandez may have helped his Cy Young candidacy. Jeff Sullivan at Lookout Landing agrees.
- Even Buster Olney took a break from the pennant races and wrote about yesterday’s M’s-Jays game.
- Larry LaRue caught up with former Rainiers pitcher Brandon Morrow.
- The Mariners had the #6 and #18 prospects in the Appalachian League. Ramon Morla got a lot of mentions this season while I was doing the daily Mariners Farm Report in my pre-game show. On this list, Morla is surrounded by first round draft picks.
- Here is a great story – from the grave, Bing Crosby has made a tremendous contribution to baseball history. This New York Times piece is highly enjoyable reading.
- In the PCL, Round Rock promoted Dave Fendrick to take over as team president, and they hired former Nashville general manager George King as GM.
Busy news day in Mariners Land!