We interrupt this all-star break to remind you that the Triple-A All-Star Game is today.
You can watch Rainiers Luis Jimenez (starting designated hitter) and Guillermo Quiroz (reserve catcher) represent Tacoma in Buffalo, New York.
Root for the Pacific Coast League to beat the despised International League tonight!
First pitch is at 4:00. The game will be televised on the MLB Network, and there is a national radio broadcast that will be picked up by South Sound Sports 850 AM. It’s available for MiLB.TV subscribers and I assume there is an online audio stream somewhere, too.
- The Triple-A Home Run Derby was on Monday night in Buffalo, and Luis Jimenez put on a show early and reached the semifinal before succumbing to Buffalo’s own Valentino Pascucci. The MiLB.com story includes a video of Pascucci’s derby-winning blast.
- The News Tribune has a brief run-down of the Rainiers all-stars.
- Here’s a nice, general Triple-A All-Star Game preview from the Buffalo newspaper. It’s a good overview if you are watching the game tonight.
- Reno’s big three will lead the PCL All-Stars. They better get some hits!
- In case you really need a reason to root for the PCL to win tonight, here’s a reason to dislike the International League: one of their teams has set a goal to make the world’s largest BLT sandwich. Really. That’s their goal.
- Host city Buffalo is proud of its downtown ballpark. I’ve heard many good things about it.
- In the Major League All-Star Game, Felix Hernandez was there but he did not pitch.
I’ll be watching the game on TV and if you follow me on twitter, look out for a barrage of pithy observations and not-very-funny “jokes.”