A few more items before the holiday weekend:
Greg Halman Stories
- Larry LaRue’s newspaper story for The News Tribune has a lot of reaction.
- John McGrath wrote a column.
- Steve Kelley also wrote a column.
- Here’s another column, from Jim Caple of ESPN.
- marc w of USS Mariner attends a lot of Rainiers games, and here is his Halman story.
- There is a new collective bargaining agreement between MLB owners and players, and it will result in some systematic changes. Here is a run-down of the changes.
- The new Memphis manager will be Ron “Pop” Warner, a former Memphis player. He managed in Double-A last year.
- The Mariners signed left-hander Steve Garrison to a minor league contract. He’s a potential Rainier, although the last time he faced Tacoma he was having trouble cracking 82 mph. In his defense, he was coming back from injury at the time.
- Here’s an unusual one: Sacramento outfielder Michael Taylor is interning at a sports-talk radio station in San Francisco.
Have a great Thanksgiving!